Protecting your privacy:
At Mansell Taylor Consulting (MTC) privacy is important to us. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times. MTC comply with the Australian Privacy Laws (Privacy Act 1988).
What is personal information?
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual. Below are examples of what is classified as personal information:
- Work experience
- Psychological assessments
- Performance reports
How do we collect personal information?
MTC collect information using a number of methods which include the following:
- when you register on our website www.manselltaylor.com.au
- when you respond to market updates and questionaries
- when you interview with MTC
- when you attend an MTC event
- from reference checks or referees
- from professional institutions
- when MTC receive the results of your work rights
What information do we collect?
MTC collect personal and sensitive information which may come from a variety of methods. This information may include:
- Personal details stated on CV’s such as addresses, phone numbers and email addresses
- Professional qualifications or certificates
- Referee details
- ID’s, passport or visa information
If the information collected is not personal information it is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988.
How your personal information may be used?
Your personal information is used by MTC when:
- MTC seek to find you a placement with your consent
- MTC place you in a role
- MTC check your work rights status with any government department or body (or their agents)
- we undertake directly or through agent criminal reference checking with relevant government agencies
- there is payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment
- we follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work
- you have a performance appraisals
- there is a test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- there is any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- there is an insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
- MTC tell you about the other services that we may provide
- MTC are auditing internal business processes where this may lead quality assurance audits, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing.
Is personal information disclosed to third parties?
MTC may disclose your personal information for the purpose of the following:
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- potential and actual employers and clients
- educational institutes or professional certified institutions
- MTC’s company insurers
- WorkCover for workers compensation
- any government department or body (or their agents) to verify your work rights status
- a designated, registered training provider in relation to training and personal development opportunities
- MTC’s corporate third party IT and Accounting firm
MTC will gain permission before referring your personal details to any potential client or work placements.
What happens if you do not give MTC the information we seek?
- we may be limited in our ability to search for suitable opportunities for you
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in a suitable role
How can you gain access, change or delete your personal information?
Subject to some expectations in the Privacy Act, you have the right to access and correct your personal information which has/was submitted directly by you either via email or via the website. To access this information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Please note there maybe times where MTC cannot grant you access to information if it interferes with someone else’s personal information.
How is your information secure?
Only authorised personal will be provided access to your personal information and these parties are required to treat this information as confidential in accordance with the Privacy Act.
If at any time MTC change the policy or contact details the updated version will always be available on our website www.manselltaylor.com.au.